Are you ready to have your socks knocked off? Ready? I made the most delicious peanut butter cookies with oats, chocolate chips, and cinnamon! THEY ARE FANTASTIC and they couldn’t be easier to whip up.I mean look at that picture, is that not the most perfect looking cookie? I think so! It is genius to put chocolate into anything peanut butter but then to go and add in just a touch of oats and a healthy sprinkle of cinnamon…well then you have got your self the most magical peanut butter cookie there is. They are by far my favorite peanut butter cookie! Actually, they could be my new favorite cookie! The list of ingredients is short, easy to whip together, and these cookies only take 8 minutes to bake. So if you are in a time crunch to make something super yummy, I demand you make these cookies. Yup, I said it. I got bossy, but seriously, you need to make these cookies…please? With a cherry on top?
I made these cookies on a Thursday for the hubby to bring in to work and then I made them again, even better, on Saturday just so I could stuff my face with there peanut buttery goodness. That is probably how I got the nick name Miss Piggy, graciously given to me by my mother for the amount of sweets I could stuff in my face as a kid. I am not one to toot my own horn, but these cookies are so good!!! Okay enough rambling, go make these cookies!
P.S.- If you really want to enjoy these cookies, drink them with chocolate milk! I have never done that before, having cookies with chocolate milk instead of regular milk. It is quite delicious!
Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Nestle Test Kitchen recipe
Makes about 20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, either semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, oats, and salt in medium bowl; stir.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until combined. Stir in peanut butter. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Using your hands, grab about a tablespoon and a half’s worth of cookie dough and roll the dough into balls; place on ungreased baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. If you like big chewy cookies leave the dough in a ball form. If you prefer a crunchier cookie, flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft (they will look underdone). Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack to cool completely.